Don't practice these tips without consulting your physician
-Drink a glass of ice cold water every hour it will make you feel full.
-Between each mouthful of food that you eat, take a sip of water, it fills you up and slows down your eating so that you stay in control.
-Take 3 Dexatrims a day , 1/2 hour before you eat and drink water and you'll be full after just a few bites.
-Drink ICE COLD water, your body has to burn calories to keep your body tempture up. -Chew Sugar Free gum.
-Eat in the same place every day. Somewhere solitary. not in front of the TV or computer.
-Eat what you crave. But eat in moderation instead of a whole chocolate care get one of the small ones and only eat 1/2 of it. allow yourself to enjoy it. Deprivation leads to binging.
-Sleep at least 6 hours a night. Less than 6 hours sleep a night stimulates appetite by 15%.
-Lower the temperature in your house 10 degrees to burn more calories, or take a icy cold shower/bath. Like drinking the ice water, it is cause your body burns calories warming you back up.
-If your really hungry, buy a bag of low fat low cal hard candies. when you suck on them a lot your stomach will tell you that you are full!
-Try drinking more hot beverages, especially in fall and in winter. Hot liquids expand the intestinal tract and make you feel full. A warm drink can help take the edge off your hunger, preventing overindulging later. In fact, soup can do the same.
-Focus especially on the first three bites. After that, the excitement of eating will begin to slowly subside, and you'll probably be content with a smaller portion.
-Spicy foods raise your metabolism and burn slightly more calories than foods.
-If you feel like you want to eat, go to a friends house that you cannot just raid the fridge at.
-When you go out take only a few bucks with you so when you walk past the pastry shops you can't afford anything. -You'll eat less on a black or navy blue plate.
-If you love a certain food, save the wrappers even after you've eaten it. Smell it when you're hungry.
-Don't Swallow! take a bite, chew, and spit it out.
-Track your triggers.
-A little envy is a good thing. Competition is a great mobilizer.
-Sit up straight. You'll burn at least ten percent more calories sitting upright than reclining.
-use kelp pills, it help boost metabolism.
-Never eat anything bigger that you fist.
-Drink 2tbsp of vinegar before the meal, so it well help suck out the fat out of it.
-If you're being watched, try the opaque cup trick; pretend you're eating, and spit the food in the cup while you pretend to be drinking
- don't forget to get rid of what's in the cup.
-Go to the kitchen often, and pretend your snacking, take a bite out of something and take a long time, look in the fridge, ETC! they will think you're always in the kitchen eating, and won't suspect anything.. trust me if you never go in the kitchen, your family *will* notice.
-Go Vegan or Vegetarian or just cut out red meat. Meat product's have a lot of fat in them.
-Have a peppermint, peppermints decrease hunger.
-When you got hunger pains curl up in a ball. It really helps them go a way.
-Hit your stomach when it grumbles because that will make the sound go away and your stomach will hurt too much to eat.
-Diet pop is only 1 calorie a can so drink as many as you want without feeling the guilt.
-Metabolife really curbs your hunger and cravings; as well as gives you energy when you're restricting.
-Drink alot of coffee on an empty stomach.
-When you get the urge to eat, rinse your mouth with strong mouthwash, or brush your teeth. Food won't taste that great so why eat it?
-MOVE CONSTANTLY! When sitting move your leg or something. Every calorie counts.
-I read in a book that a woman keeps a bottle of Ajax in her kitchen, when she wants to eat and prepares her meal she immediately puts Ajax on her food so she can't eat it. Good idea if you live alone.
-Make your room freezing at night so you expend calories by shivering to keep warm.
- Models and other successful bodies are also known for taking a forbidden bite, chewing and spitting it out.
-Use Crest Whitestrips when you want to binge! It takes 30 mins for each strip to work and you have to do each side seperately, so it's one hour where you can't put ANYTHING in your mouth and you don't want to b/c of the taste of the gel,AND you get white teeth in the process! You have to do it 2 times a day so you might as well when you get hungry! That's 2 hours w/o food.
-This trick exploits the guilt of eating a high-calorie, high-fat item; I usually eat lots of v. small meals through the day, but I'm in the mood to lose big... For the past few days I've eaten somthing fattening (but healthy) in the morning
- like an avocado. Then all day if I think about eating, I remind myself how I've splurged already, then I don't eat. In the morning I'm starving, repeat the trick, voila. It's working like a charm. In contrast, if I skip breakfast and lunch, come 6PM I feel like I've 'earned' a small meal, which often rolls into something more substantial than I intended. As the french say "eating brings appetite" and it's really true. The best way to stop a food avalance is not to start one.
~Feeling Full Tips~
1. Bulk up. Fiber expands in the stomach, so you fill up fast on few calories. Add more veggies, fruits or whole grains to meals.
2. Wet your appetite. Drinking water with meals can help your tummy reach capacity faster.
3. Take it slow. It can take 20 minutes for the brain to realize the stomach is full, so bide your time.
4. Pump up the volume. Snack on "air-filled" foods, like popcorn, instead of denser pretzels or chips to eat less.
5. Get satisfaction. Add small amounts of unsaturated fats like avocadoes, unsalted nuts, and olive oil to meals for greater satiety.
6. Table it. Eating in front of the TV can distract you from the body's fullness signals, so you could eat more before you register as satisfied.
7. Sample a selection. Enjoying different flavors can be more gratifying than a large portion of one food.
8. Spice it up. Bland food may send you in search of something more exciting, so use herbs, spices, and condiments to add zip.
9. Downsize dishes. Eating your meals on a smaller plate can create the illusion that you're eating more.
10. Color yourself satisfied. Aim for a rainbow of hues to please your visual senses as well as your palate.
- The only way to lose weight is to go on a 1,100 a calorie diet a day. Alot of exersize. When you fast your body like eats the fat and muscle tissue. But when you get off the fasting your body will take all the food you eat and turn it into fat. So you will gain all the weight you just lost and a pound or two more. Sorry, but if you do it any other way you will lose all of your body tissue and you will die.
-blend papaya fruit with the seeds and drink evrything, it helps get the fat of food away.
- The tip about not purging more than an hour after eating is scientifically not true. Food (calories) are absorbed in your intestines. It takes at least an hour, usually more, for food to enter your intestines from your stomach, and it's even longer if the meal is high in fat. Besides, waiting between 1-2 hours after eating makes purging MUCH MUCH easier since some of the food has been mixed with mucous etc from your stomach. - Eat celery when hungry! celery is almost 100% cellulose and humans don't have enzymes to break it down and take it in , so it burns more calories then what you get from it. no idding the part of feeling full, but your body does not use any of it so you can eat as much as you want.
- Take a daily multi-vitamin which includes calcium, iron, vitamin B, and lecithin. While you are not eating, your body is still being given its essential nutrients without the calories. B vitamins and iron give you energy, calcium keeps your bones/ teeth, hair healthy, and lecithin helps your body to metabolize saturated fats. This way, your body burns fat and stays healthy!
- Eat lots of Jello Light, it's very filling, but has only 7 calories in each serving.
- When serious hunger strikes, grab a few ice cubes from the freezer and munch on them. It gives you the feeling of eating AND fullness without any calories, sugar, or fat.
- Eat the same thing every day for breakfast lunch and dinner. Eat at the same time every day. Eat only one thing for each meal, so by the end of the day you have only eaten three things. Small medium or large, just as long as you have only eaten three things by the end of the day. Also, try a diet pill right before you eat your one thing for lunch.
- Eat with chopsticks. Unless your really good, this forces you to slow your eating, thus reducing your intake.
- Do not quit smoking! You will gain 20-25 pounds in 1 month. If you do not already smoke, never consider starting. Though it decreases your appetite and gives you something to put in your mouth.
- Try LBS II (a lower bowel stimulant found in healthfood stores). Four of them a day, and you will lose 10-20 pounds quickly.
- I recently found this drink at gnc called isopure. It has 40 grams of protein, 0 carbs, 0 fat, and no sugar. The protein will keep you going throughout the day and makes you feel full just like water, only you now have much more energy!
Dodging Tips and Tricks- Give the 'I just finished brushing my teeth' line. Everyone knows that food tastes disgusting after you've brushed. - 'I already ate at school' or ate work, always works.
- Say you already have plans to go out and eat with a friend. Just go out and walk.
- Hang around in the kitchen, everyone will think that your eating.
- Complain of a stomach ache, headache, anything to get you away from that table.
- Say you'll eat in your room, but you know what to do afterward.
- Tell your friends that you have an ulcer, and you have to be really careful with what you eat....then don't eat much at all, with that as your excuse.
- Take a nap when it is time to eat, they can't make you eat when you are sleeping or pretending.
- If your parents are suspicious tell them that you love them and wouldn't do any thing like that because you love them and wouldn't want to hurt them.
- Say you ate a really huge breaky, if your friends keep asking why you don't want lunch. Unless they slept at your place the night before, they won't know the truth.
- Get a job which means your working through meal times, and when you get home again you can say you ate at work.
- Before your parents get home from work, find some food cut it up into small pieces rub it all over a few dishes and leave them on the counter, it looks like you had a meal your parents will be convinced.
- Say you'll eat at a friends, and if your with your friends say your going to eat with your parents.
- Complain of a tooth ache, any kind of illness!
- Tell people you are a vegetarian or a vegan.
- Say you have an ulcer and have to strictly watch your food intake.
- Tell your friends you are allergic to some foods, especially dairy products!
- If your parents are constantly on your back, making sure you eat every meal with them. Find some hobbies,projects,clubs that interferes with your eating schedule. Then just tell your parents to set aside your dinner, or pack you a lunch/dinner but toss it away.
- When your tempted to eat, pull out your scrapbook, remind yourself how bad you want to be thin.